In 2013, at only sixteen years old, I moved to Germany. It was my first international trip. Even though I was by myself, I wasn’t alone because I studied abroad with Rotary. They guided and supported me during my year abroad. But most travelers don’t get an organization’s undivided attention when traveling. That’s where a travel coach can help.
A travel coach helps travelers uncover their motivations, achieve personal goals through travel, and overcome obstacles that prevent you from traveling.
Travel bloggers are sort of a travel coach. Their blog posts educate and encourage beginner and experienced travelers through the travel planning process and life on the road. The best part? Their content is free!
Getaway Girl is one of these free sources of travel content. The growing library has already helped you find the best zero waste deodorant, pack to study abroad in cold-weather destinations, study abroad in high school, travel happier, and more. A lot of the content is based on reader questions and requests.
Sometimes travel blogs aren’t enough.
If you’re looking for a personalized recommendation for a specific problem, a travel coach can help.
Do You Need A Travel Coach?
- want to make the most of your two weeks of annual vacation?
- need help planning a gap year, sabbatical, or other long-term travel?
- struggle with eco-anxiety, and feel guilty traveling because of it?
- feel overwhelmed trying to find the best deals and avoid scams?
- fear traveling solo?
- want the perfect family vacation, but can’t find something to make everyone happy?
- have some money, but don’t know how to start planning?
- struggle to find the money to travel?
- need personalized travel recommendations or help?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, a travel coach can help you.
Keep in mind, travel coaching is NOT a travel agent. They don’t plan itineraries or make bookings for you. They make suggestions and offer guidance.
Whether you want to talk through your ideas and plans with someone who “gets it” or are seeking hard advice on the tough questions, a session (or more) could be exactly what you need to make your travel dreams come true.
You can’t just hire any travel coach, though.
How to Find the Perfect Coach
You’re entrusting your travel goals with someone else, so you deserve the perfect coach for you.
Here are three things to keep in mind when searching for your coach:
- Do your personalities mesh? If you’re going to take advice from someone, you must ensure you respect that person and they’re able to communicate advice in a way you respond to. Most coaches will have a blog or online presence where you can get to know their personality. If not, look for a free or discounted intro session.
- Is there a coach with niche expertise? If your pain points are specific to one area of travel, a general travel coach may not be as helpful as one with niche expertise in that area. I’m sure any coach will rise to the challenge if you’re set on receiving advice from one particular coach, but they won’t take offense if you find a better expert. At the end of the day, travel coaches want you to have the best help possible…even if that’s not with them.
- Can I afford this? Let’s be honest, coaching can be expensive and it’s hard to part with money that could’ve been spent on surfing lessons in Costa Rica or a scuba trip in Thailand. Decide how much you’re willing to spend and look for quality advice at a price you can afford.
After considering the kind of travel coach you need, it’s time to find the perfect match! A Google or Pinterest search is a great start, but you could also ask in some of your favorite Facebook travel groups. If you still can’t find someone, email or message on social media one of your favorite travel bloggers and ask if they have travel coaching services available.
Getaway Girl Wants to Help You!
I love writing free content to help you travel adventurously and zero waste on a budget. It’s my freaking jam!
But, as I mentioned before, the free and general advice is not always able to help your specific pain points. I want to be the best resource possible for you, which is why…
Getaway Girl now offers travel coaching!
My expertise is in sustainable and responsible travel, long-term travel, and budget travel. I also have experience in adventure and solo female travel.
Let’s hop on a call together and discuss what’s stopping you from travel or break down your travel pain points.
A one-hour video call costs $30. There are also discounted packages available.
If you’re interested, send me an email at email@example.com with the subject line: TRAVEL COACHING! Describe what your pain points are and what you’re hoping to get out of the session so I can ensure I have the resources and knowledge available to help you.
By sending an email, you are in absolutely no way held liable to book a session. It’s simply an inquiry to see if I’m the right fit for you. Either way, I’d love to say hello and send you some of my favorite travel resources.
I hope to talk to you soon xx